The gym at The Pines is the perfect place to workout. With the on-site gym, you don’t have to leave your house and walk to campus to workout.
Here are some helpful tips for your pre-workout, workout, and post-workout while you’re at The Pines.
One of the hardest things to do for a workout is actually getting to the gym. Once you make it to the gym, you want to make your time worth it while you’re there. Use these steps to get excited about working out!
- Put on your workout clothes
You don’t want to put on your workout clothes and then not workout. Just by doing this basic step will help motivate you.</p?
- Create a schedule
Start out small by going to the gym two to three times a week for 30 minutes. Then increase your workout time or the number of times you go to the gym each week.
- Find a Partner
It’s always easier to have someone else motivate you to work out than trying to go to the gym by yourself.
- Set Goals
Set small and long-term Goals. You don’t want to give up on any goal. Set small term goals to help accomplish your long term goal. For example, you have a long term goal to complete a 5K. Set a small goal to run 2 miles half way through your 5K goal.
- Find Good Music or Books
- Look for Different Workouts that You’ll Love
Everyone has different preferences. Do you like running or would you rather do some yoga? Research different types of exercises to get you motivated to go to the gym.
- Need Some Help? Try an App!
Sworkit, Zombie’s Run!, Virtual Runner, Superhero Workout are just a few great workout apps. There are much more to choose from.
- Write Down Your Goals and Track your Workout
Check off boxes once you’ve completed the items on the list.
- Workout playlist
Create a bomb playlist to listen to while you’re working out.
Now that you’ve done these suggestions for your pre-workout, it’s time to go to the gym.
Things to do during a workout
Now you’re at the gym. What do you do?
- Look around and see what equipment there is. At the Pines gym, there’s an elliptical, treadmill, bikes, weights, and a space for stretching.
- Choose what type of workout you want to do. According to the Go4Life website, there are four types of workouts. Endurance, Strength, Balance, and Flexibility.
- Change up your routine. After a while, doing the same workout can get old and boring. Change it up every now and then to stay motivated.
- Working out doesn’t have to break the bank. Check out ways to get fit for free around Rexburg.
Cheatsheet.com has “7 Essential Things You Should Do After Every Workout”
- Cool-down Exercises
- Use a foam roll
- Drink water
- Track your progress
- Fuel up
- Shower and change
Head to The Pines gym to start working out today. Now that you know how to pre-workout, workout, and what to do for your post-workout, there’s nothing stopping you from working out.